Wednesday 21 September 2011

Six Weeks - Jessica L Degarmo



Six weeks is a hard hitting, gritty, tale of Imogene, a 19yr old student, who has just found out that she is pregnant and has six weeks to decide on whether or not to keep her baby. 
The story is told from Imogene’s point of view as she has to deal with her alcoholic mother, younger sister and the baby’s father Matthias, who has problems of his own.
The story is very thoughtfully written and with the dilemma that Imogene finds herself in, the reader gets an insight into what goes through a young teenagers mind when an unplanned pregnancy occurs.
The characters are all portrayed very well. It almost seems that the Author is writing about real people in real circumstances and you are completely drawn into the story and the plight of the characters involved.
My only complaint ( this is totally, a personal thing) is I don’t like the way the story ended.
I won’t say more than that as I wouldn’t want to spoil the ending for anyone reading this well crafted bit of work.

This is the first book I have read from Jessica Delgarmo and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the read and look forward to more.

To find out when this book will be available click the link below.
Jessica L Degarmo - Six Weeks

Reviewed By David

No comments:

Post a Comment